Tuesday, October 27, 2009

mixtape: dj jazzy jeff - he's the king, i'm the dj (2009)

holy massive tracklisting. i can’t wait to sit down and listen to this. hit the cut for the tracklist/back cover. from mtv:

Jeff said he was inspired to do the mixtape after fellow DJ Mick Boogie suggested putting his playlist together as a proper release.

“I did it exactly as I would play it out live,” Jeff explained. “I kind of wanted to give a feel like you heard it in a club. I didn’t necessarily want to go in a certain order, ’cause everybody in the world plays certain Michael Jackson songs. And I wanted to play songs that not everyone plays, play some obscure album cuts. And if you listen to it, I have some a capella and versions of songs that not everyone had heard. So, I kind of wanted to mix it up and keep people off guard. Just give them an example of all that Michael was like.”

download he’s the king, i’m the dj:

- panda



No comments:

Post a Comment